- Scale C (Point 10 – 13; £8.09 – £8.54 per hour)
- Term time, plus one week
- 22.5 hours a week (8am – 4pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Permanent subject to a successful induction period
- Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an experienced Clerical Assistant to work in our very busy school office. We are looking to appoint someone who is organised, remains calm under pressure and friendly.
Main duties will include
- To assist in with general administration; word processing, receptionist duties, incoming and outgoing post, emails, photocopying and provision of first aid.
- Undertake general staffing administration; maintaining confidential staff records including safeguarding checks, monthly returns etc.
- Assisting with the maintenance of computerised data and management information such as pupil admissions/leavers, pupil absences, registers etc. on SIMS
- Assist with the ordering of supplies, collect, receive, record and bank money e.g. school meals and school trip money.
- To undertake routine financial procedures; ordering, invoice processing and income processing.
The ideal candidate will
- Be highly organised and a confident administrator
- Work with a high level of attention to detail
- Have excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel (Essential Criteria)
- Preferably have school experience on SIMS and Star Accounts (although training can be provided)
- Have a clear understanding of confidentiality.
- Be able to build professional relationships with parents and staff and caring relationships with children
- Be committed to upholding and supporting our school values and aims
For further details or a conversation about the role, please contact the School Business Manager, Jennie Woodhead via email: email@example.com
Please complete a NCC Support Staff Application and submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 22nd September 2017
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DSB check will be required and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.