Scale C (points 10 – 13)
Term time, plus one week
28.75 hours a week
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Classroom Assistant to join our support team, at our vibrant, creative and exciting school.
This position is for someone who has energy, enthusiasm and commitment to join our hardworking team.
The position will focus around supporting children within the school therefore we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate experience in this area.
We are seeking to employ people who can:
- Supervise and provide support for pupils including those with special educational needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Good behaviour management skills
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with children and adults
- Use their own initiative to support learning needs of children
We would also like this person to have
- Experience of working with children in a Key Stage 2 classroom or age range of 7 – 11yrs
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme of equivalent NVQ
- Very good literacy and numeracy skills; minimum of C for GCSE Maths and English
- Step on/step up experience would be desirable
Avenue Junior School is a 4 form entry Junior School located in central Norwich. We have wonderfully enthusiastic children with a stimulating and creative curriculum with a good record of academic achievement.
We are proud to have supportive staff, an active PTA and a strong Governing Body.
For further details, please contact Lesley Websdale, Administrative Officer. Please submit applications via email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DSB check will be required and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.