Required for September 2018
MPS/UPS plus SEN Allowance
Do you have a passion for inclusion?
Do you have the drive to develop your leadership skills and apply and enhance your knowledge of SEND?
Would you enjoy making a difference to the lives of children at Avenue Junior School?
This exciting opportunity has arisen as our current SENDCO is leaving to work in advisory role for the Local Authority and as such we are looking for a highly skilled, committed and talented teacher who has the ambition, dedication and motivation to play a key role in further developing SEND provision at Avenue Junior School, working in partnership and as a key member of our Leadership Team.
The post will include some classroom teaching (0.4) but the post is primarily to fulfil the expectations of a SENDCO in our school and support and develop our SEND provision.
Our recent Ofsted report praised the SEND and pastoral provision in school and we remain committed to continuing to improve to ensure all of our children receive and enjoy the best possible school experience and opportunities to enable them to fulfil their potential and realise their dreams and aspirations. We have the highest expectation of all of our staff and pupils, with a strong commitment to promoting their well-being.
We are looking for someone with:
- KS2 teaching experience
- Previous experience of working within an inclusive team and a good understanding of the needs of SEND students and their parents.
- An excellent working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and current SEND legislation.
- Appropriate specialist qualifications in SEND / National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination
- Experience of completing SEND assessments and pastoral plans.
- The ability to deliver specialist training support to colleagues.
- Excellent organisational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
Please use an Educator Solutions application form and submit electronically to email@example.com for attention of Lesley Websdale, Administrative Officer.
Closing date for applications: 17/05/2019 10 am
Interview date: week beginning 20/5/2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DSB check will be required and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare Disqualification Regulations.
* applications for 0.6 SENDCo only would also be considered.