Scale E Point 7 – 11 (£19,554 to £21,166 gross)
Actual Annual Salary £16,673 to £18,047 pro rata
Term time, plus one week
37 hours a week
Required to start September 2019
We are looking to appoint an efficient and organised school secretary, to start as soon as possible, to our very welcoming admin team. You will be expected to provide an exceptional standard of administration services, have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work with a variety of ICT packages all with the strictest confidentiality and accuracy.
The person appointed will be an excellent communicator, be flexible and have a ‘can do’ attitude. Experience of working in a school would be desirable.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Office manager in a very busy school office; ensuring visitors and callers are appropriately received, directing workloads, where appropriate, to other staff members
- Maintaining and monitoring pupil records with particular reference to pupil absence, admissions and transfer
- Completion of all statistical returns to LEA and DfE
- Assisting with accounting procedures associated with processing of income and expenditure on school accounts
- Completion of staff returns and maintenance of staff records
- Carryout first aid within school.
- Have a knowledge of GDPR legislation
Experience in a similar role within an education setting would be desirable. However having experience in a high accuracy administration/customer facing role or accountancy setting would also suit the position. You must enjoy working in a child – orientated environment.
Avenue Junior School is a 4 form entry Junior School located in the ‘Golden Triangle’ area of Norwich. We have wonderfully enthusiastic children with a stimulating and creative curriculum with an excellent record of academic achievement.
We are proud to have supportive staff, an active PTA and a strong Governing Body.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Lesley Websdale on 01603 441034 or email@example.com
Please complete a NCC Support Staff Application and submit electronically to Lesley Websdale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Thursday 11th July 2019 at Midday
Interview Date: Thursday 18th July 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DSB check will be required and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.