Scale C (Point 3 – 4; £18,065 – £18,426 gross per annum)
Actual Salary £11,969 – £12,208 per annum
Term time, plus one week
28.75 hours a week
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Classroom Assistant to join our support team, at our vibrant, creative and exciting school.
This position is for someone who has energy, enthusiasm and commitment to join our hardworking team.
The position will focus around supporting children with additional behaviour needs within the school therefore we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate experience in this area.
We are seeking to employ people who can:
- Supervise and provide support for pupils including those with special educational needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Good behaviour management skills
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with children and adults
- Use their own initiative to support learning needs of children
We would also like this person to have
- Experience of working with children in a Key Stage 2 classroom or age range of 7 – 11yrs
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme of equivalent NVQ 2 or to have begun the training
- Very good literacy and numeracy skills; minimum of C for GCSE Maths and English
- Step on/step up experience would be desirable
Avenue Junior School is a 4 form entry Junior School located in central Norwich. We have wonderfully enthusiastic children with a stimulating and creative curriculum with a good record of academic achievement.
We are proud to have supportive staff, an active PTA and a strong Governing Body.
For further details, please contact Lesley Websdale, Administrative Officer. Please submit applications via email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th June 2020 – 12 noon.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Avenue Junior School storing your personal details in line with the new GDPR requirements.
The successful applicants must be prepared to undergo any further training as requested by the school. Avenue Junior is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations, therefore successful candidates will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether disqualified under these regulations. Applicants must be prepared to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. Right to Work in the UK will need to be established. We are an equal opportunities employer