Thank you for considering Avenue Junior School for your child. We hope the following information will help you in applying for a place at the school. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to call us on 01603 441034.
Admission to Year 3
One of the principles which guided the organisation of schools in this area was that schools are here to serve their local community and parents should feel secure in the decisions they make in choosing schools. The intake numbers of the infant school and the junior school are set at a level by the Local Authority to ensure that all parents in the locality can expect their children to move from the feeder infant school to the junior school, if they wish, and benefit from the close links forged between those schools.
Avenue Junior School has always served a wider community as well and we welcome any parent who identifies our school as the one which meets their children’s needs best. Our ability to take children from outside our immediate area is dependant on the intake number set by the Local Authority and their admissions criteria which are outlined below. We welcome any parent who wishes to visit our school and we always do our best to give them an experience which helps them to make their choice.
Admission numbers for Year 3 is 120.
Local Authority Admissions Criteria in the Event of Over Subscription: County and Controlled Junior Schools
In the event of over subscription, preference will be given to children living nearer to the school, according to the following criteria, in order of priority:
- Children for whom their statement of Special Educational Needs names that school.
- Those children in the designated area with an older brother or sister attending school at the time of the decision.
- Those children living in the designated area served by the school.
- Those children living outside the designated area served by the school but who have an older brother or sister attending at the time of the decision.
- Those children living outside the designated area served by the school if space permits.
Admission during the year or to other Year Groups
If you are about to, or have moved into the area, please feel free to contact the school to arrange a visit or to enquire whether we have any available places in the appropriate year group. Alternatively please ring the County Admissions Department on 0344 800 8001 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.