(Temporary until 31/08/2019)
Scale D (points 14 – 17)
Term time, plus one week
16.25 hours a week
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Pastoral Assistant to join our Pastoral Support team, at our vibrant, creative and exciting school.
Applicants should have experience of implementing agreed work programmes for individuals or groups of children in or out of the classroom, supporting the emotional and behavioural development of identified children.
Duties will include:
- Working with the SENCo and other members of the Pastoral Support Team in planning curriculum for groups or individuals
- Running group or individual nurture/emotional development sessions
- Responding to situations where intervention is necessary for the wellbeing of the child
- Supporting children who have been bereaved or are in difficult family circumstances
- Being responsible for keeping and updating records and communicating with staff and parents.
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Nurture group experience principles
- Sensory/therapeutic play
- Emotional regulation techniques
- Working on your own with vulnerable children
Avenue Junior School is a 4 form entry Junior School located in the ‘Golden Triangle’ area of Norwich. We have wonderfully enthusiastic children with a stimulating and creative curriculum with a good record of academic achievement.
We are proud to have supportive staff, an active PTA and a strong Governing Body.
For further details, please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Debbie Dismore. Please submit applications via email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th November
Interview date: TBC
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DSB check will be required and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.