The Governing Body of Avenue Junior School is made up from representatives of parents, teaching and non-teaching staff, the community and the Local Authority.
Their role is to oversee the work of the school, to support and challenge it and to help the school to plan for the future.
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Below is the current list of the Governors:
- Mrs Nania Poulson Co-Chair (Co-opted Governor)
- Mr Mike Grimble Co-Chair (Co-opted Governor)
- Mrs Siân Jones (Co-opted Governor)
- Ms Ally Ireson (Parent Governor)
- Mr Sam Rowbury (Parent Governor)
- Dr Lisa Crossman (Parent Governor)
- Ms Rachel Paley (Parent Governor)
- Ms Baiba Zivtins (Staff Governor)
- Mrs Deborah Dismore (Executive Head Governor)
- Mr Jason Menezes (Co-opted Governor)
- Mrs Jo Thompson (Co-opted Governor)
- Mr Mike Hooper (Head of School Governor)
The Governors join one of our committees:
Resources, Teaching, Learning and Pupil Wellbeing.
These committees meet once or twice a term, with the Full Governing Body meetings taking place five times a year. Approved FGB minutes are available here on the website or from the school office.
We currently have a Local Authority Governor vacancy, if you are interested please contact the Chair of Governors, Nania Poulson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minutes of AJS FGB 25.2.19
- Minutes of AJS FGB 3.12.18
- Minutes of AJS FGB 15.10.18
- Minutes of AJS FGB 25.6.18
- Minutes of AJS FGB 23.04.18
- AJS Governance Statement Summer 2018
- Minutes of a Full Governing Body meeting held 26th February 2018
- Minutes of a Full Governing Body meeting held 4th December 2017
- Minutes of a Full Governing Body meeting held 9th October 2017
- Annual Governance Statement Summer 2017