The current school uniform came into being when the school was re-organised from a Middle School to a Junior School in 2007.
At the time all parents were asked what they would like in terms of uniform. The majority of parents who responded at the time expressed a preference for having only one sweatshirt colour, with blue being the most popular choice.
In our consideration of school uniform our guiding principle has been that it should be practical, affordable and easily available. Parents may purchase the vast majority of it from wherever they choose, however school sweatshirts with a logo will be available from Stevensons on Ber School, Norwich (www.stevensons.co.uk) or PMG (www.pmgschoolwear.co.uk). We decided to choose our suppliers because;
- The sweatshirt prices are competitive
- We have been reassured that their stock is sourced ‘ethically’ with suppliers who follow good employment practice
- They provide a ‘one-stop’ option for buying all school clothing and bags for those parents who do not have time to shop around.
The uniform is as follows:
- Royal Blue jumper or cardigan with school logo
- Grey or black school trousers, skirt or dress
- White for royal blue polo shirt
- White , black or grey socks or tights
- Black school shoes
Items of clothing or accessories which are required by religious beliefs are welcome in school but should be in line with school colours of blue, grey or black.
- Black or grey school shorts or blue gingham school dress are an acceptable alternative
- Sensible sandals with a buckled strap may be worn but parents need to bear in mind potential for injuries with open toed shoes.
- White, grey or black ankle socks
A complete change of clothing consisting of
- Plain white t-shirt (long or short sleeved)
- Black shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms
- Appropriate sport shoes should be worn (plimsolls or trainers with non – marking soles)
- Warm sportswear (trousers and jumper) should be worn in cold weather.
Children will have a course of swimming lessons at the UEA in Year 5. Children will need a one piece swimming costume or trunks (trunks should be fitted, not shorts), a towel and a swimming hat. Swimming goggles are optional.
If children are required by any religious beliefs to be fully covered please provide appropriate swimming wear.